POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb) : Re: Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 16 Oct 2001 12:14:52
Message: <3bcc5cfc$1@news.povray.org>

3bcb7bf1@news.povray.org...
> Actually, I was going to suggest that you swap intervals and samples. You
> should also be able to make do with much less than 50. My candle uses 5.
No, it doesn't work in that case. Lowering the samples number just creates
more visible and uglier artifacts. Increasing them (up to 200) doesn't fix
the wireframe artifacts either, and just makes the render crawl.
It was just a test anyway. Temporary conclusion is that using this technique
with meshes has serious limitations but that it can be very valuable in
certain circumstances.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com